In a hurry? Here's our top 3 mattresses for arthritis patients:
Do you have an idea about arthritis? How serious is it? Well, it’s an inflammation of the joints that can make your life a living hell. If you don’t know much about it, here I’m going to walk you through some of its symptoms:
- Inflamed and tender joints
- Joint stiffness
- Abnormal bone growth
- Limitation of motion
- Difficult walking
- Body aches
Besides that, there are a number of other symptoms as well that aren’t common but can be present, including fatigue, weight loss, fever, poor renal function, swollen lymph nodes, and more.
I’m sure by now you know how such symptoms can affect your everyday life. It is something I can relate to, so I know the struggle. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis around two years ago and my goodness, it was a nightmare.
I had difficulty walking and I used to stay in pain all the time. Yes, 24 hours a day. There was a time when I used to take 3-4 painkillers a day just for a sigh of relief, but the pain used to come back as soon as the drug warded off.
It was then I finally consulted the best orthopedic surgeon in town and guess what? Instead of giving me more medicines, he introduced me to several lifestyle tips to lead a healthy life with arthritis. Following are a few useful tips I got from my physician:
- Have an anti-inflammatory diet
- Exercise a little everyday
- Change your mattress
- Take lots and lots of sleep
Surprised, aren’t you? I must say sometimes little things can make a significant difference in your life. In this article today, I’m going to talk about the best mattresses for arthritis patients. The better your mattress would be, the better you’d be able to rest.
How Can Your Mattress Affect Arthritis?
Your journey with arthritis isn’t going to be easy, but there’s no harm in making a little effort against it. What do you say?
As a matter of fact, your sleep is of utmost importance, and your mattress plays a vital role in that.
An old and lumpy mattress can negatively contribute to problems like arthritis, backache, and muscle spasms. As a result of that, it can aggravate the existing issues; henceforth, a saggy mattress is the first thing you need to get rid of.
I’ve heard a number of physicians and physiotherapists say that sleeping on harder surfaces can help cater to body aches, joint stiffness, and muscle spasms. It is a clear indication that it can help in managing arthritis too.
Let me give you a little suggestion from my personal experience. You may or may not know it, but these days mattresses are available in various firmness levels. So in the case of arthritis, a firm mattress is what you need.
My Top 7 Best Mattress Picks for Arthritis Patients 
Alright. If you’re going through a similar issue, please consider changing your mattress right away. Let’s just say it’s a baby step towards getting better and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
To help you further, here I’m going to talk about some of the best mattress mattresses that are especially beneficial for arthritis patients. Hear me out:
Starting with my personal favorite, this mattress provides you with custom support, exactly what you need when dealing with arthritis.
It is manufactured using a combination of polyester and micro-polyamide. The customized T&N foam makes it a stand out among all others.
It’s an entirely organic product and is certified by CertiPUR-US, and oh, it’s made in the United States. It comes with a limited warranty of 10 years, which clearly indicates that it’s a safe purchase.
Specs and Design
- Investing a little more, you can have it with a set of high-quality pillows that makes the product a great bet.
- It’s made using all-natural products; henceforth, it’s entirely chemical-free.
- It can pull away the heat while providing you with a good night’s rest.
- It can relieve pressure from your bones and joints that can be very helpful for arthritis patients.
- It’s available in six sizes, including twin, twin XL, full-size, queen, king, and California king.
- It comes in two depths, 8 and 10 inches.
- It’s firm so the chances of sagging are minimal.
- It can be flipped and tossed in case you feel any lumps.
- It’s breathable and durable.
The best thing about this mattress is that it’s perfect in every way, firmness, thickness level, size, and more. It’s designed with an aim to serve individuals with all kinds of body, petite or massive, short or tall; you name it.
Though it isn't too firm, it still creates a good balance between pressure relief and support. It’s lightweight; thereby, you can easily move it around or flip it over.
It’s a combination of three different layers of foam. The upper layer consists of breathable foam; whereas, the mid-layer is created using memory foam. The third and last layer is made solely to provide core support.
Another thing that I’d like to share about Leesa as a brand is that for each mattress sold, the brand plants one tree, and whenever 10 of their pieces are sold, Leesa donates one mattress for a good cause. It is precisely the reason Leesa is close to my heart, maybe because I believe in giving back to people.
Specs and Design
- It’s manufactured in the US.
- It brings along a four-strip remarkable design.
- It adapts to the exact shape of your body.
- The nature of this mattress is bouncy, but it won’t hurt your back, trust me on this one.
- The cooling agents used in the construction of this mattress are no less than a blessing.
- It brings along a 100-day trial period.
- It comes in six sizes, twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king.
Here’s another mattress that is a perfect combination of breathability and support. It’s made using customized foam and that manufacturers believe that it’s even better than memory foam.
I’ve read many customer reviews, and each one of them says it’s firm but feels soft to the touch, even the support it provides is pressure-less. It is primarily the reason this mattress is perfect for anyone going through arthritis.
Specs and Design
- It’s made using a polymer that provides you with a sensation of silicon.
- It has the ability to keep the dust mites and bacteria away.
- It gives you light and pressure-less support.
- It doesn’t heat up and keeps you fresh while you’re asleep.
- It’s covered under a 10-year warranty.
- The materials used in the making of this mattress are food-grade and non-toxic.
- It has little to no chance of developing body indent.
- The depth of the mattress is somewhere between 9 and 10 inches.
This one’s another great option that stacks up well against those traditional mattresses. It’s a memory foam mattress that conforms to your body like no other.
The best part being, it supports all sleeping positions. Whether you’re a side sleeper or you sleep on your belly, this mattress would provide you with enormous pressure-relieving support. What else would you expect from your bed anyway?
A friend of mine has this product, and she recently told me how it has helped her in getting rid of backache. The weightless feel of this mattress is something that makes it an award-winning material.
Specs and Design
- It’s certified by CertiPur-US.
- It is hypoallergenic, so you don’t have to worry about any allergies coming your way.
- The memory foam provides endless support while relieving pressure from your joints.
- It doesn’t let you sink much and bounces back when pressure is applied.
- It’s firm and works well for pain management.
- The gel-infused memory foam keeps you cool at night regardless of the environmental conditions.
- It’s available in three sizes, king, queen, and full-size.
If you need a firm mattress, but as a soft mattress instead, this hybrid product is the answer to all your worries.
It’s made using a combination of memory foam and innerspring, feels soft to the touch, and comes with an adequate firmness level. It would comfortably relieve the pressure on your joints while eliminating body aches.
Though it’s a little heavy to move around, you can still change sides. Just make sure not to flip it over as it’s got memory foam on the upper side only.
Specs and Design
- It’s hybrid (memory foam+innerspring).
- It conforms well to the body.
- It provides a perfect alignment to the spine.
- It brings along a 10-year limited warranty.
- It’s available in seven sizes, twin, twin XL, full-size, shirt queen, queen, king, and California king.
- It comes in three depth levels, 8, 10, and 12 inches.
- It also offers a platform bed frame, though it’s an additional choice.
Another great option that is loved by everyone out there, and guess what? It’s one of the most trending products on Amazon at the moment.
It is manufactured using hypoallergenic materials and is absolutely safe for anyone who’s allergic to dust or moisture. It is, again, a hybrid mattress constructed with both gel-infused memory foam and innerspring.
The fabric of this mattress is made using 53% viscose, 20% polyester, 5% para-aramid fiber, 11% filament poly, and 11% acrylic. It’s breathable and exceptionally comfortable.
Before moving to the specifications, I’d like to add a disclaimer here. The brand strictly suggests not to use a mattress pad with this product as it can disturb the true feel of the mattress.
Specs and Design
- The gel-infused memory foam used in this mattress provides sheer support to your lower back.
- It’s free of allergies so you can have a good night’s rest.
- It is flexible and restores itself in merely a few seconds.
- It’s comfy, cozy, and durable.
- It can be rolled over; therefore, it’s easy to store when not in use.
- It comes in five different sizes, twin, full, queen, king, California king.
- It’s available in three depth sizes, 8, 10, and 12 inches.
Lastly, you cannot simply forget about Zinus when talking about high-end mattresses. One great bed that is popularly known for its customized support is the Zinus responsive memory foam mattress.
It comes with strong pressure relief abilities, something that makes it an excellent option for arthritis patients. It goes without saying that it brings along an exceptional level of comfort and is CertiPur-US certified.
It is made using four different layers of foam, including high-density foam for the base, HDD support foam, memory foam, and viscolatex foam that is incredibly responsive.
Specs and Design
- It’s a 4-layer memory foam mattress that is of exceptional durability.
- The foam used in this mattress is infused with natural herb extracts, charcoal, and green tea.
- It’s entirely organic and keeps the allergens at bay.
- It works well for eliminating all kinds of foul odors.
- It is certified by CertiPur-US for its high quality and comfort.
- It’s made using the patented compression tech, so it’s easy to store and carry around.
- It takes around 24 hours for this mattress to expand fully.
- It keeps you fresh at night and doesn’t trap the heat at all.
- It comes in four sizes, twin, full, queen, and king.
- The depth of this mattress is 10 inches, and it’s good enough for anyone having joint discomfort or body aches.
I reckon that managing a healthy lifestyle with a disorder like arthritis isn’t easy, but you have to take a step at some point. Life is generally hard, but the least we can do is make a little effort so that it becomes easier.
The mattresses I’ve reviewed above are all about providing support and relieving pressure. I’m certain they can help you sleep better with arthritis. They may not be a cure, but they can be helpful. You have my word!